the first two weeks..

My first official post from abroad! I've been here for about a week and a half thus far, and it's been a mix of the amazing (ie; climbing Arthur's Seat) and the stressful (ie; finding a flat in Central London.) I haven't had much time to be on the internet and blog, but I had a bit of spare time so I figured I'd just do a quick update.

1. Spending 4 hours on the Tarmac waiting for a thunderstorm to end is not the ideal situation to be in after sitting on a concrete bench in JFK for 7 hours previous...


2. 5 hour train ride to Edinburgh: so worth it for the beautiful countryside & seaside scenery! (And the sleeping pill effect it seems to have..)


3. Discovered that gatherings of thousands of theater enthusiasts/Fringe Festivals are not my thing...


4. Discovered that I sleep exponentially well on trains.


5. Never agree to find your own flat in London, especially if you're trying to stick to a budget, share with three other people and find one that lets you only rent for 4 months!! Or buy a stress ball to use during your search (which will undoubtably consist of 4 hours in front of a computer screen with your ear glued to a phone.) Also, beware of carpal tunnel from crossing out every address you write down.

Don't be fooled by my whining though; I've been having a great time so far! It's only rained heavily once so far (..gasp!) and the weather, especially in Edinburgh, has been pretty nice albeit chilly. All in all, I think the semester is going to be great, we did find a flat on day two (Thursday) and I'll be sure to post pictures of it in the future. Stay tuned for an XXL post with all my Edinburgh photos and witty captions..

Until then;
 xx

Leave a Reply