the end of an era.

So today was my last day here in London.. I'm depressed about it. But, I'm going to reminisce here in the form of bullet points. It has been an era, and it's really been one of the best times of my life. I've seen a lot, ate a lot.. did other things. You know. This post is pretty anticlimactic. Mostly because I'm bummed to leave, and thinking about everything I did makes me a little sad and I haven't even left yet.

Also, this list is not comprehensive.. if I listed everything you'd probably hate me, or quit reading after thi-

WHILST BEING HERE I HAVE...
- Talked unintentionally in a British accent
- Ate new foods.. and liked it. (But don't tell; I can't lose my Picky Eater Status)
- Worked at NBC! 
- Stonehenge  ooooOOoooh eerie
- Became obsessed with the electric kettle
- Experienced a street gang firsthand
- Prime Meridian; completed the "two places at once" requirement, so I guess I'm not actually in A Walk To Remember.. crap.
- Drank the obligatory nectar de Strongbow
- Matilda the Musical (..which will be worldwide soon, I have no doubt. So amazing!)
- Turned 20!
- Discovered a love for rugby
- Picadilly Institute! Fabric! CLUBZ
- Felt like Harry Potter a little
- Had my lovely friends Maddie and Mary here for a WEEK.
- Traveled to..
  • Bath [Roman things!]
  • Brighton [The pier! The Royal Pavilion! Seagulls!]
  • Edinburgh [Arthur's Seat! Kilts! Castles!]
  • Paris [Eiffel Tower! Notre Dame! Crepes! Night-Louvre! Montmarte! Jim Morrison!]
  • Greece [Strikes! Cats! Ocean! Tzatziki sauce! AMAZING hostel! Peacocks at the monastery!]
  • Sicily [BEACH! Palm trees! Mummies! I got hives! I don't know! Palermo! Acqua senza gas!]
  • Amsterdam [Bikes! Anne Frank! Pannekoken! Space cakes! RLD! Cappucinos!]
  • Norway [Naked statues! Everywhere! Retardedly expensive!]
  • Venice [Hot gondolier! "Ven-ET-zia"! Glass blowing! Piazzas! Bellini!]
  • Spain [La Sagrada Familia! Park Guell! Caga Tio!]
- DIGESTIVES & HOBKNOBS. End of story
- Rented my first ever apartment
- Went to a real English football game.. CAFC!
- Concerts, concerts.. saw Chromeo, Cage the Elephant, The Horrors, Skrillex, Scanners and Datarock
- Attended the afterparty with the band of one of those concerts.. >:)
- The Tube ...love/hate relationship.
- Saw Marriage of Figaro opera directed by Fiona Shaw
- Night busses.. and a man who ate my packet of ketchup on the night bus.
- Held a baby on top of the Eiffel Tower
- Experienced the amazingness of a Gordon Ramsay restaurant
- Octopus. I ate octopus. Not at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant..
- Tate Modern, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery
- Kensington Palace
- Bill! Claire! Sarah! Heather! Elsie!
- Had a power outage for a whole day.
- Thai Krai; the best Thai restaurant in West Ken fo sho
- Met the Queen~!    ..Okay no I didn't do that.

Read my last post about my essay, point #3. This will make sense.


I'm not going back to Minnesota immediately.. I'll be in NYC for four days and then I'll be heading home.

London, it's been a wonderful four months. I'll miss you.
x

Leave a Reply