west ken, represent.

Recently for a project in one of my classes, I gave a presentation on my neighborhood ["neighbourhood" if you want to get all British-technical on me] of West Kensington through patterns, textures and common images that are prevalent throughout the area that I live in.

I'm going to give you the abbreviated version of the presentation with the added benefit of not having to hear me talk awkwardly about them in front of a projection screen.. Yeah. I bet you're jealous of everyone that got to see me do that.. (For anyone who was in Mr. Howard's 9th grade English class, I can assure you that I've come along way from speeches entitled "Corn Gives Us Gas" and everyone's favorite gem "How to Play DDR" in which I was 'humping air' during my demonstration..)

I apologize if I'm acting (typing??) a bit loopy, I just ate half of a rotisserie chicken and am in a bit of a delicious meat food coma. Anyways, without further adieu, let me introduce you to the lovely "hood" of West Ken! :)


 

 

  

  

  

  

 

  

  
  

Overall, West Kensington is a great place to live.. it's filled with mostly younger families and professionals and is a pretty quiet place once you step off of the main drag where the A4 motorway is. There's tons of small shops, restaurants, businesses and amazing Thai and Indian food places scattered around. Sandwiched between Kensington, Fulham, Hammersmith and Shepherd's Bush, it's a pretty convenient place to be located (only a 20 min. walk to class! not that I ever walk.. heheh) and our flat is located a short walk between two tube stops, which is great. It's a nice way to be close to the center of the city without feeling like you're in the middle of a bazillion tourists.

Until the next post,

xx

Leave a Reply