the art of being a tourist.

Lately I've been getting very good at being a tourist. It's harder than you think, wading through throngs of people, shimmying through slight openings between slow walkers, avoiding the never-ending amount of flyers being thrust into your hands left and right. Intense stuff. But, being in London you become accustomed to all of the above, especially when you're going to see all the typical "touristy" sights. The weather has been beautiful this weekend, so I took the chance to walk around London and see all the sights I possibly could. I think I've been quite successful, and I'm going to post a few of my favorite photos from over the weekend, but I have manyyyy more in my Facebook photo album, entitled "Tourist." Enjoy! :)
The Clock Tower & Big Ben!

The same.. The Clock Tower is my favorite iconic image/building of London. :)

The exterior of Parliament before going in for the tour.
Inside of Parliament. This part of the building is where Charles I was
put on trial and sentenced to execution.
It's now used for funerals of dignitaries, like Winston Churchill and Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
It was built in the 11th century and saved from the fire that destroyed the rest of the palace
that once stood where the Parliament buildings now are.
Also, it's the only place inside Parliament where you're allowed to take photos.

Westminster Abbey

Me (I'm hiding..) in front of the Abbey.

The Thames and the London Eye.
Close up of Benjamin, while it was chiming 12 noon.

Kids frolicking in a fountain during the festival along the Thames.

The roof garden! :)

Terrifying "dog" street 'performer' ...Seriously. So creepy.
The cat one was worse, because the way the man would say "Meeeow" was like "Miiiau"
and smiled like a creepy Cheshire cat.

London Eye

It's me... go figure.

Buckingham Palace from Green Park.

Being stupid awesome in front of Buckingham Palace.


St. James' Park - my favorite park I've been to thus far!

Flowers.. and lots of squirrels. Including one who kept rubbing it's butt on the grass.. do squirrels get diarrhea? I do not know.

Big ol' Pelican thing.

View of Buckingham Palace from the blue bridge in the park.

Climbed the treacherous climb up to the lion at Trafalgar Square just for this photo..

Fountain in Trafalgar Square.
The National Gallery in Trafalgar Square.
Last but not least, got ice cream in front of the Tate Modern. :)
I have so many more photos on Facebook.. it was difficult to pick the ones to put on here. But, alas, I'm sure I've bored you to death with photos, so until next time..
xx

Leave a Reply