street art.

It's no secret that I love street art. ..Well. Maybe it is? But if you didn't know, now you know: I love street art and graffiti. It's an artistic response to urban surroundings, and it provides a little something beautiful and unexpected when you come across it on the street. I respect the artists who do it so much, and part of the reason why I love being in a city, especially London, is that you come across it daily. Here are a few pictures I've taken of some of the street art here. We have a great big Shepherd Fairey 'Obey Giant' piece right by where I live, but at the moment it's all covered by scaffolding so I couldn't get a good picture of it. Anyways, I'll shut up now.. ;)

Clown and a design that looks like grating. ..and Katy B posters. Haha

Cute stick guy done by Stik. And a homeless man.. ha.

A big red weenie, holllaa.

This reminds me of Galileo and the scientific revolution for some reason?

Faces.

I love this one! Especially the colors.

Realistic vs. stickly figure.

Close up. Someone wrote Trash Talk on his shirt.. haha. I'm assuming like the band.

Po-po on the toilet.

Another stick boy who likes trash.

Roa!

The last piece I was THRILLED to come across, because it's by my utmost favorite artists, Roa. A lot of his stuff is around Brick Lane, but I didn't have a ton of time to explore and find more, other than this stunning heron. Clearly, I'm obsessed. I don't care. Anyways, hopefully I'll find more (and have my camera on me as well) so that I can do another London street art post. :)

Hope your weekend is wild,
xx

Leave a Reply