la la london.

So far I've been having a great time in "foggy London-town" as the great 18th century novelist Kim Kardashian calls it. (I don't think she calls it that.) (I don't think she was alive then.) (She's stupid.)

Anyways, yeah.. good times to be had. Right now there's a ladybug in our flat flying around. It's really wonderful, it's just like being home around the dinner table with Asian beetles attacking the 1980-make gold-rimmed chandelier.

It's weird because I'm starting to feel like I'm not in such a foreign place anymore, and sometimes feel like my surroundings are getting.. dare I say it.. mundane. Not completely, of course, just the walks that I do most frequently, like from the flat to the tube or from the tube to my internship. But I enjoy living in the city and can't really picture myself living not in a city.. What an eloquent statement. But it's true, I think I definitely need to relocate to a city after I graduate. It just feels more at home to me than say, a certain town in Minnesota... ;)

But alas, I'll be done gushing about city life. Here are just a few posts from me being a tourist the last few days, this weekend I'm off to Amsterdam so I'll probably do one more post (an Outdated VHS Movie of the Bi-week, perhaps?) before I leave. :)

xx

At the Tower of London!

Union Jack

Me and Abby! My roommate/photographer for the day.. ha

The White Tower at the Tower of London.

The Tower Bridge

Looking all fly and phat in front of the Tower Bridge, yo.

The Thames River.. you can also see construction on "the Shard" on the left.

'Twas windy and my hair wouldn't really cooperate.

A cute truck.

The 2012 Olympic Stadium under construction!

Stadium on the left, and a fantastic sculpture/viewing platform by Anish Kapoor on the right.

St. Pancras Station! So beautiful.

War memorial statue at St. Pancras.

More of St. Pancras.
I look good. Real good.

Me and Mussels! :)

Leave a Reply